Second Grade News
Memory: We will not have memory the last week of school.
Due Tuesday: “But thanks be to God, who in Christ…through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere.” 2 Corinthians 2:14
Due Wednesday: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold’ the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
Due Thursday: No memory
Due Friday: No memory
Language Arts: Next week we will be reading a song lyrics story called This Land Is Your Land. We will have a test over the skills that go along with our story on Thursday. This is not a comprehension test over the story, so the students will not bring home their Reading books. This will be our last reading test.
* Students will be able to take AR tests Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week. The last week of school, the students will be able to take tests on Monday and Tuesday.
Spelling: This week’s words are multisyllabic words and high frequency words. We will be doing activities in class to practice our words, but you will also need to practice at home.
Our Spelling Test will be on Thursday. This will be our last spelling test.
compare circle faithful vacation best bring
color fact fly lot man same
Math: We will finish Topic 15 and have a test on Thursday (May 17). We will then begin learning multiplication strategies. Please remember to do Xtra Math or practice math facts at home. We will not have any math homework this week or next week.
* Chapel will be Monday at 8:30 and on Friday at 8:30 the last week.
* For Track & Field Day (Friday), students can wear batman/batgirl shirts or black shirts and comfortable pants/shorts and tennis shoes. They are also allowed to bring a water bottle with their name on it.
* SPECIALS for this week and next week: Please make sure your child wears gym-appropriate clothing and shoes to school on Tuesday, or you may send in clothes or shoes for them to change into for gym. We will not have Specials next week.
Weekly Special Classes:
Monday – Music
Tuesday – Gym
Wednesday – Art
Thursday – Computer
* Our chapel offering for May is going to Pennies for Patients: Fighting Leukemia and Other Blood Cancers. We our working toward meeting our school goal of raising $1000. There are some upcoming dress up days to boost contributions. Students may bring $1.00 to participate in the dress up days.
May 17: “Too Cool for Cancer” and wear your sunglasses and hat
* For track and field day this year, we will be doing a superhero theme. Our class superhero is Batman/Batgirl. Students are welcome to dress up as Batman/Batgirl or wear black on track and field day (May 18).
May 18 – Track & Field Day
May 25 – Last Day of School, Awards Program 1:00
Blessings on your week!