Second Grade News
Feb. 17 – 21
Memory: This week we will finish learning the Apostles’ Creed. We will say the entire Apostles’ Creed on Friday.
Due Wednesday: He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
Due Thursday: I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Due Friday: No Memory
We will have a test over Unit 6 on Friday. Books will be sent home Wednesday and Thursday. Please make sure your child brings his/her book to school on Thursday for review.
This week we will be reading several timelines of historical figures and making our own timeline. We will not have a reading/vocabulary test on Friday. We will not have high-frequency words this week either.
* Students will be able to take AR tests Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday this week.
Spelling: This week’s words are review words. We will be doing activities in class to practice our words, but you will also need to practice at home.
Our Spelling Test will be on Friday.
frog glad cake line rose tune stove camp
drink class fell while these black truck paint
Math: We will continue Topic 10: Add Within 1,000 Using Models and Strategies. Please continue to practice counting money and telling time with your child at home. These are skills that require lots of practice and repetition. Also, please remember to do Xtra Math or practice math facts at home. Homework for the week is…
Tuesday: Homework 10-2
Wednesday: Homework 10-3
Thursday: Homework 10-4
* Chapel will be Tuesday morning at 8:30.
* February’s chapel offering is going to Project Feed 500. It is a program initiated by Orphan Grain Train to feed starving people around the world. For a cost of about 3 pennies, Orphan Grain Train can send a fortified rice meal to a child in a foreign country. Our class goal is $35, which would pay for over 1000 meals.
* * SPECIALS for this week: Please make sure your child wears gym-appropriate clothing and shoes to school on Tuesday, or you may send in clothes or shoes for them to change into for gym.
Weekly Special Classes:
Monday – Music
Tuesday – Gym
Wednesday – Art
Thursday – Computer
Friday – Library
*Report cards will be available on Sycamore on Friday, Feb. 21. Please review your child’s grades and sign online by Friday, Feb. 28.
Feb. 17 – No School (Makeup day)
Feb. 26 – Ash Wednesday
March 21-29 – Spring Break
April 9 – Maundy Thursday
April 10 – Good Friday (No School – Makeup day)
April 15 – Middle School Musical & NJHS Inductions
April 17 – No School (Makeup day)
April 20 – No School (Makeup day)
May 15 – Track & Field Day
May 22 – Last day of school; Awards Program 1:00; 8th Grade Graduation 7:00
Blessings on your week!
To find the class newsletter on the Sycamore website:
- sign onto Sycamore
- hover over your 2nd grader
- click on “schedule”
- click on “2nd Grade”
- It should take you to the “News” tab, where the newsletters will be updated each Friday!
To find the class newsletter on the Sycamore app:
- click on your child’s name under “Students”
- click on “Classes”
- click on “Homeroom-2nd Grade”
- click on “Class News”
Please contact Mrs. Bolte for any questions about Sycamore and the Newsletter!