What We Are Studying This Week…
Math: Fluently Multiply and Divide Within 100
Reading: Visualize, Literary Elements, Elements of Poetry, Point of View
Vocabulary: Context Clues, Critical Vocab, Prefixes, Suffixes
Writing: Correspondence Writing and Types of Verbs
Spelling: Decoding and Short and Long Vowels
Science: Simple Machines
Important Dates This Week….
Monday- Chapel , Topic 4 Math Test
Wednesday- School Pictures,
Thursday- Twin Day
Friday- Spelling Test, Reading Test, Critical Vocabulary Test, Memory Work Due, Red/White/Blue Day
- Spelling list will be stapled in agendas on Monday Morning. Please study these with your child each night.
- Critical Vocab will be in your child’s folder on Monday Morning. Please Study these every night. The will be tested over the definition of the word found in the first sentence of each page.
- Please be sure to spend some time throughout the week working on facts. Students can login for practice on Xtramath.com
- Friday Folders will be sent home on Friday. Please look over papers with your child. Then return on Monday Morning.
- August through September we will be working on memorizing the books of the Bible.
- Students will be given opportunities 2-3 times throughout the week to take AR Test. Encourage them to read 15-30 minutes each night.
Friday- Books to memorize: Matthew—> Revelation (Whole Old Testament)
***** Here is a link of the books of the bible song to help your kids with the memorization. ***** Practice memory work every night!