What We Are Studying This Week…
Math: Solve Time, Capacity, and Mass Problems
Reading: Text and Graphic Features, Make Inferences, Text Structure, Central Idea
Vocabulary: Reference Source: Dictionary/Glossary,
Writing: Informational Writing: Research Report
Spelling: Decoding and Spelling: Prefixes, Suffixes Spelling: Words with -ed and -ing
Science: Minerals and Fossils
Important Dates This Week….
Monday- No School
Tuesday– Chapel 8:30am
Friday- Reading Test, Vocab Test , Spelling Test
- Spelling list will be stapled in agendas on Monday Morning. Please study these with your child each night.
- Critical Vocab will be in your child’s folder on Monday Morning. Please Study these every night. The will be tested over the definition of the word found in the first sentence of each page.
- Please be sure to spend some time throughout the week working on facts. Students can login for practice on Xtramath.com
- Friday Folders will be sent home on Friday. Please look over papers with your child. Then return on Monday Morning.
- Students will be given opportunities 2-3 times throughout the week to take AR Test. Encourage them to read 15-30 minutes each night. Then the end of the trimester will be here shortly. Encourage your child to keep reading.
- We will be working towards our pieces for our Banana Split Party. I will be testing them orally on Friday. Ask your child what they need to be working on.
Fifth Petition of the Lord’s Prayer. Due on Tuesday and Friday.