What We Are Studying This Week…
Math: Use Strategies and Properties to Add and Subtract
Reading: Text and Graphic Features, Ask and Answer Questions, Literary Elements, Theme, and Authors Craft
Vocabulary: Homophones and Homographs, Critical Vocab, Suffixes
Writing: Argument Writing: Persuasive Letter and Subject Verb Agreement
Spelling: Decoding Vowel Diphthongs oi, and oy & Spelling the vowel sound in joy
Important Dates This Week….
Wednesday- Religion Test
Thursday- Science Vocab Test(over weather)
Friday- Reading Test, Spelling Test, Vocab Test, Topic 8 Math Test
- Spelling list will be stapled in agendas on Monday Morning. Please study these with your child each night.
- Critical Vocab will be in your child’s folder on Monday Morning. Please Study these every night. The will be tested over the definition of the word found in the first sentence of each page.
- Please be sure to spend some time throughout the week working on facts. Students can login for practice on Xtramath.com
- Friday Folders will be sent home on Friday. Please look over papers with your child. Then return on Monday Morning.
- Students will be given opportunities 2-3 times throughout the week to take AR Test. Encourage them to read 15-30 minutes each night. Then end of the trimester will be he shortly. Encourage your child to keep reading.
- We will be working towards our pieces to our Banana Split Party. I will be testing them orally on Friday. Ask your child what they need to be working on.
The First Article: Creation will be worked on through Nov.22nd.
Friday November 22nd: The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7
****Weather Vocab test is this week. Students were sent home with Weather Vocab last week. Please be sure to take time nightly to review. They will be tested on them Thursday Nov. 21st.